Today I would like to share a quick, inexpensive and musical project to brighten your porch or deck.
This is my Springtime Wind Chime with Ann Butler Designs
What did I use?
- EZ-De’sTM Ann Butler Designs stamps by Kellycraft
- ColorBox Crafter’s® ink by Ann Butler in Limelight, Lilac, and Aquamarine
- janetdunndesign Hampton Art Love stamp
- DecoArt Americana Triple Thick brush on Gloss Glaze
- assorted beads and hardware from my collection
- Jewelry wire 20 ga
Michaels has a fantastic selection of wood shapes, items, die cuts and the prices are low. I grabbed this unfinished wind chime, sanded the edges (they can be a little rough) and got down to work.
I used Clearsnap inks to create the multi-colour impression of the Love stamp. I made sure to leave some border room for my EZ De stamp.
Once the ink was dry I used a paintbrush to go over the sentiment using the same inks. Ann’s inks apply beautifully like a paint.
Using the ‘bars’ stamp I created my border.
Next I took the ink pad and applied it directly to all the edges.
Add charms, beads, etc.
I replaced the jute string with jewelry wire so I could attach my beads and fancy bolt. (and because it looks prettier). (You could easily ink the jute, by the way. )
Hang it up and let the music play!